CRNA – SAME QUALITY-SAME OUTCOME-SAFETY STUDIES
- Negrusa B, Hogan PF, Warner JT, Schroeder CH, Pang B. Scope of Practice Laws and Anesthesia Complications: No Measurable Impact of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Expanded Scope of Practice on Anesthesia-related Complications. Med Care. 2016;54(10):913-920.
- B. Dulisse and J. Cromwell, “No Harm Found When Nurse Anesthetists Work Without Physician Supervision.” Health Affairs. 2010; 29: 1469-1475.
- Needleman J, Minnick AF. Anesthesia provider model, hospital resources, and maternal outcomes. Health Serv Res. 2009;44(2 Pt 1):464-482.
- Simonson DC, Ahern MM, Hendryx MS. Anesthesia staffing and anesthetic complications during cesarean delivery: a retrospective analysis. Nurs Res. 2007;56(1):9-17.
- Pine M, Holt KD, Lou YB. Surgical mortality and type of anesthesia provider. AANA J. 2003;71(2):109-116.
- Group TL. Update of Cost Effectiveness of Anesthesia Provider.Final Report.May 2016.
- O’Neill NA. Anesthesia Policies- Increasing Costs with No Improvement in Value. J Healthc Commun 2:66. 2017.
- Hogan PF, Seifert RF, Moore CS, Simonson BE. Cost effectiveness analysis of anesthesia providers. Nurs Econ. 2010;28(3):159-169.
- Massie, Maribeth L. Determinants of Hospital Administrators’ Choice of Anesthesia Practice. Model. VCU Scholars Compass. 2017; downloaded from: https://scholarscompass.vcu.edu/etd/4972
MYTHS AND FACTS RE: LIABILITY WHEN WORKING WITH CRNAS
Another Article on the Surgeon’s Liability for Anesthesia Negligence AANA Journal April 2007
Nurse Anesthesia Students and Liability
AANA Journal June 2002
- Do Surgeons Get Sued When They Work With Anesthesiologists?
AANA Journal April 1998
Standard of Care
AANA Journal December 1997
AANA Journal October 1997
The Nature of Supervision
AANA Journal June 1997
Double Standards in Anesthesia
AANA Journal April 1997
Harris v. Miller
AANA Journal June 1994
Captain of the Ship
AANA Journal February 1993
AANA Journal June 1991