You are here: Home1 / Quality, Safety, Cost Effective
CRNA – SAME QUALITY-SAME OUTCOME-SAFETY STUDIES
- Negrusa B, Hogan PF, Warner JT, Schroeder CH, Pang B. Scope of Practice Laws and Anesthesia Complications: No Measurable Impact of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Expanded Scope of Practice on Anesthesia-related Complications. Med Care. 2016;54(10):913-920.
- B. Dulisse and J. Cromwell, “No Harm Found When Nurse Anesthetists Work Without Physician Supervision.” Health Affairs. 2010; 29: 1469-1475.
- Needleman J, Minnick AF. Anesthesia provider model, hospital resources, and maternal outcomes. Health Serv Res. 2009;44(2 Pt 1):464-482.
- Simonson DC, Ahern MM, Hendryx MS. Anesthesia staffing and anesthetic complications during cesarean delivery: a retrospective analysis. Nurs Res. 2007;56(1):9-17.
- Pine M, Holt KD, Lou YB. Surgical mortality and type of anesthesia provider. AANA J. 2003;71(2):109-116.
- Group TL. Update of Cost Effectiveness of Anesthesia Provider.Final Report.May 2016.
- O’Neill NA. Anesthesia Policies- Increasing Costs with No Improvement in Value. J Healthc Commun 2:66. 2017.
- Hogan PF, Seifert RF, Moore CS, Simonson BE. Cost effectiveness analysis of anesthesia providers. Nurs Econ. 2010;28(3):159-169.
- Massie, Maribeth L. Determinants of Hospital Administrators’ Choice of Anesthesia Practice. Model. VCU Scholars Compass. 2017; downloaded from: https://scholarscompass.vcu.edu/etd/4972
MYTHS AND FACTS RE: LIABILITY WHEN WORKING WITH CRNAS